If the client cancels within 48 hours of a scheduled appointment, Simplicana, LLC will request half the agreed upon rate. (Example: If client cancels a 4 hour session within 48 hours, Simplicana, LLC requires payment for 2 hours of the agreed upon rate). If the client ends the organizing session more than one hour earlier than the agreed upon session end time, Simplicana, LLC may request half of the agreed upon rate for that unused time. This policy applies to both the Simplicana organizer, and any organizing assistants/contractors affected by the cancellation.
- Your privacy is very important to us. Your name and contact information may be shared with people that assist Simplicana, LLC with your organizing needs on an “as-needed” basis, but otherwise will be kept confidential. These people are bound by contract to protect the privacy of your information, and they are given only the information necessary to help Simplicana, LLC with your organizing needs.
- This duty of confidentiality continues even after your organizing needs are over.
- Any photos that you give us permission to take and post on simplicana.com, or other social media platform, are completely anonymous. Testimonials typically feature your first name and last initial unless you would like to be “anonymous”- it is the client’s responsibility to let us know your preferences.
A Simplicana organizer will confirm appointments two days in advance. An organizer will show up at the agreed date and time, and unless you hear from them otherwise, and you are expected to be there. If you need to reschedule your appointment time it is your responsibility to contact Simplicana, LLC and do so.
- Simplicana, LLC accepts cash, checks, credit cards, PayPal and Square payments. We may charge a processing fee for credit card transactions.
- We require payment at the end of each session, unless the client chooses to pay online- if a client chooses to pay online, payments must be made in advance of the session.
- Please make all checks out to Simplicana, LLC.
- We can provide you with an emailed invoice at your request.
- First time clients are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $100 in advance.
Simplicana, LLC is based in Shawnee, KS, though we occasionally operate in other locations around the United States. Depending on where you live, a travel fee may pertain to you. This fee is waived for any clients who reside within a 25 mile radius of Simplicana, LLC’s base at the time of service. Any client who resides outside of this 25 mile radius may be charged a travel fee of 60 cents/mile.
Health and Safety Policies
- It is the client’s responsibility to inform Simplicana, LLC of any injuries or medical conditions that may affect or be affected by an organizing session, including but not limited to breaks, sprains, pulled muscles, fibromyalgia, arthritis, bad back, and fatigue. All medical information you provide to us will be kept confidential.
- If there is a known or suspected mouse, mildew or mold problem in your home, you must notify the organizer of this so that they can come prepared with face masks and gloves. For health reasons, Simplicana, LLC will not send an organizer into a space with an active black mold problem. Contact information for mold specialists and/or an exterminator is available upon request.
Assistant Organizer Policies
- Upon request and with advance notice, a skilled organizing assistant may be available to join an organizing session, at the rate of $40/hour. This is an excellent option for big jobs, such as garage or basement clean-outs, as the overall cost of the organizing job will be greatly reduced, as the assistant’s work saves significant time on the job, and therefore cost.
- We choose experienced, skilled, confidential, and compassionate assistants. One of the many benefits to hiring an assistant is that they can load their vehicle with donations if the Simplicana, LLC organizer’s vehicle is already full.
- There is a $60 hauling fee if our 8’ by 10’ trailer is involved.
Donation Handling Policies
- Our organizer will take as many of your donations as can fit into the company vehicle, free of charge, and a donation slip will either be provided to you, or mailed to you at the end of the year.
- The client is responsible for disposing of regular garbage, recycling, shredding and any donations that either will not fit into Simplicana, LLC’s company vehicle, or donations that are not commonly accepted by charities, such as mattresses and oversized TVs: We will do its best to equip you with some excellent resources for donation removal for anything that we cannot take.
Supply Run Policies
- An organizer may be able to pick up organizing supplies before a session, with reasonable advance notice.
- The client agrees to fully reimburse the organizer for these purchases, plus pay a convenience fee of $45 per errand.
- Simplicana, LLC is not liable for any defects or injury caused by products recommended, sold, or provided to the client.
Hold Harmless Agreement for Moving/Packing
Simplicana, LLC is not a packing or moving service, and is not insured for these services. The client agrees that if they hire a Simplicana, LLC organizer for packing and/or moving help, Simplicana, LLC is held harmless in the event of an item being accidentally broken, damaged or lost. Simplicana, LLC can recommend an excellent moving and packing company with proper insurance upon request.