Cancellation and No-Show Policy
If the client cancels within 48 hours of a scheduled appointment, Simplicana, LLC will request half the agreed upon rate. (Example: If a client cancels a 4 hour session within 48 hours, Simplicana, LLC requires payment for 2 hours of the agreed upon rate). If the client ends the organizing session more than one hour earlier than the agreed upon session end time, Simplicana, LLC may request half of the agreed upon rate for that unused time. This policy applies to both the Simplicana organizer, and any organizing assistants/contractors affected by the cancellation. If a client is a “no show” with no contact from the client, the organizer will knock, ring the doorbell, text and call the client, wait for 15 minutes in their car or at the door and then leave- the client will be responsible for 50% of the agreed upon rate.
*COVID-19 SPECIAL POLICIES*
At the time of this writing, the global pandemic COVID-19 determines that we have a few special policies in place until further notice. These policies are outlined in detail in our Simplicana COVID-19 statement. If we have missed anything, please contact us!
- Your privacy is very important to us. Your name and contact information may be shared with people that assist Simplicana, LLC with your organizing needs on an “as-needed” basis, but otherwise will be kept confidential. These people are bound by contract to protect the privacy of your information, and they are given only the information necessary to help Simplicana, LLC with your organizing needs.
- This duty of confidentiality continues even after your organizing needs are over.
- Any photos that you give us permission to take and post on simplicana.com, or other social media platform, are completely anonymous unless otherwise agreed upon. Testimonials typically feature your first name and last initial unless you would like to be “anonymous”- it is the client’s responsibility to let us know your preferences.
A Simplicana organizer will confirm appointments one or two days in advance. An organizer will show up at the agreed date and time, and unless you hear from them otherwise, you are expected to be there. If you need to reschedule your appointment time it is your responsibility to contact Simplicana, LLC and do so.
- Simplicana, LLC accepts cash, checks, credit cards, Zelle, Venmo, and Square payments. We may charge a 2% fee for any payments made with credit cards, Square, Venmo and payments to cover processing fees.
- Payment is due at the end of each session, unless the client chooses to pay in advance.
- We have a two hour minimum and seven hour maximum for an organizing session in one day. However, consultations are only one hour.
- Please make all checks out to Simplicana, LLC.
- We can provide you with an emailed invoice at your request.
- First time clients are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $100 in advance.
Simplicana, LLC is based in Kansas City, MO (64132) though we operate all over the metro, and occasionally in other locations around the United States (and abroad!). Depending on where you live, a travel fee may pertain to you. This fee is waived for any clients who reside within a 25 mile radius of Simplicana, LLC’s base. Any client who resides outside of this 25 mile radius may be charged a travel fee of 60 cents/mile.
Health and Safety Policies
- It is the client’s responsibility to inform Simplicana, LLC of any injuries or medical conditions that may affect or be affected by an organizing session, including but not limited to breaks, sprains, pulled muscles, fibromyalgia, arthritis, bad back, and fatigue. All medical information you provide to us will be kept confidential.
- If there is a known or suspected bed bug, mouse, mildew or mold problem in your home, you must notify the organizer of this so that they can come prepared with face masks, respirators and gloves. For health reasons, Simplicana, LLC will not send an organizer into a space with an active bed bug or black mold problem. Contact information for mold specialists and/or an exterminator is available upon request.
Assistant Organizer Policies
- Upon request and with advance notice, a skilled organizing assistant may be available to join an organizing session, at the rate of $45/hour. This is an excellent option for big jobs, such as garage or basement clean-outs, as the overall cost of the organizing job will be greatly reduced, as the assistant’s work saves significant time and cost.
- We choose experienced, skilled, confidential, and compassionate assistants. One of the many benefits to hiring an assistant is that they can load their vehicle with donations if the Simplicana, LLC organizer’s vehicle is already full.
Donation Handling Policies
- Our organizer will take as many of your donations as can fit into the company vehicle, free of charge, and a digital donation slip will be provided to you upon request.
- The client is responsible for disposing of regular garbage, recycling, hazardous materials, shredding and any donations that either will not fit into Simplicana, LLC’s company vehicle, or donations that are not commonly accepted by charities, such as mattresses and oversized TVs. If the client needs a large amount hauled away, Simplicana clients get 10% off when they hire JunkLuggers.
- An organizer may be able to pick up organizing supplies before a session, with reasonable advance notice.
- The client agrees to fully reimburse the organizer for these purchases, plus pay a convenience fee of $45 per errand.
- Simplicana, LLC is not liable for any defects or injury caused by products recommended, sold, or provided to the client.
Hold Harmless Agreement for Moving/Packing
Simplicana, LLC is not a packing or moving service, and is not insured for these services. The client agrees that if they hire a Simplicana, LLC organizer for packing and/or moving help, Simplicana, LLC is held harmless in the event of an item being accidentally broken, damaged or lost. Simplicana, LLC can recommend an excellent moving and packing company with proper insurance upon request.
Updated August 24, 2022